Thursday, February 3, 2011

Art Spotlight


As you can see, I'm no artist (Microsoft Paint is my medium). However, I am frequently jealous of artists who can create beautiful works. At conventions, I spend a ridiculous amount of time wandering through Artist Alley, looking at everything displayed and chatting up the creator. Since everyday I see some wonderful piece of art posted online, I decided to share that creativity with you. I plan on this being a monthly piece for now.


If you found something you want us to feature, email us at insertgeekhere@gmail.com.



This is one of the few times it's OK to judge a book by its cover. The intensity of this matches the Savior 28 story exactly and is a great way for this series to start. This cover, drawn by Mike Cavallaro, is one of my favorite pieces of comic art, not to mention one of my favorite books.



This is a Batgirl that was drawn by Mike Maihack during a meeting. If he keeps turning out awesome art like this, I want him in more meetings like that!



The best part of working at IGN? Getting to see Jim Mahfood's Geek Crossover mural, of course. This is just a small portion of its awesomeness, and you can see more of it here. Yes, I have a soft spot for Robocop.



Like what you just read? Let us know in the comments below and keep up to
date by following us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment