Friday, October 12, 2012

Here we go again at NYCC! Day One Highlights!


NY Comic Con kicked off today with a floor full of awesome. The best part is the floor wasn't crazy crowded. Nice and easy to walk, which is rare. The other bonus was that NYCC used the construction to their advantage this year. The tunnel between sections of floor was transformed into the TMNT sewer. Very fun and I'm glad I got to see it before its packed full of people.

It looks cooler in real life, I swear.

When we got inside, both Wysefyre and I went our separate ways immediately, covering different sections of the floor. She checked out "The Block" which is the designer section (you may remember it as the cultyard). After more wandering, she checked out the Justice is Served panel, featuring a ton of amazing authors, including Myke Cole and Amber Benson. Wysefyre promises to give complete details after her shoulder regains feeling from all the freebies she got!



On my journey, I checked out the main comics and gaming for a bit, while I waited to do some interviews. My favorite had to be the Assassin's Creed III preview I got to see. I'm no hardcore gamer, but the graphics and storyline seem fantastic. It's definitely going on my list. I also got the ultimate picture of the day at the bandai gaming area!

Just love Gaming Abe
Then I got a chance to speak with the director of Silver Circle, a new animated film and graphic novel followed by a fun interview with the new Editor-in-Chief of Dark Horse Comics, Scott Allie!  I ended my night taking a quick jaunt around the crazy big Artist Alley!! This is huge and a great excuse to try out the panorama function on my phone. Can't wait to go back with some cash in my pocket to spend!!!



Until tomorrow....




Like what you just read? Let us know in the comments below and keep up to date by following us on TwitterFacebook and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment