Monday, February 11, 2013

Toy Fair 2013: Mattel's got a Super Secret!

It's a crappy pic but it really is
the Superman Costume
Yesterday at Toy Fair, I got a chance to see Mattel's new movie masters line of Man of Steel Action Figures.    There were four figures on display, plus one in the packaging.  Sadly, we weren't able to take any pictures, but I'm gonna try to describe them for ya.


Movie Masters is a premiere line for the adult collector.  These figures have a higher level of detail than most figures, and have a darker feel that appeals more to adults than children.   I can say that these figures definitely fit the bill.  Very rarely have I been able to guess the actor and character based on the face of a figure.  However, these were so  detailed that I immediately recognized Henry Cavill as Superman, Michael Shannon as Zod and Russell Crowe as Jor-el.  The only one I have to guess at is the lone female in the bunch.  After careful consideration using imdb on my phone, I am 90% certain that the last character is Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van.  (I reserve the right to be entirely wrong.)  Editor's Note: I was totally wrong.  The last figure is Faora, played by Antje Traue.

As soon as pics are approved by Mattel, I promise to share them.  Until then, enjoy the awesome pic I got to take of Cavill's Superman costume from Man of Steel.  These superb action figures will be available in stores on June 14th!




Like what you just read? Let us know in the comments below and keep up to date by following us on TwitterFacebook and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment