Thursday, January 25, 2018

Jurassic Park Turns 25!

It’s amazing to me how time passes. I was starting to wonder why I was seeing so much Jurassic Park  (not Jurassic World, but Park specifically) items in my inbox.  Then I realized this year is the 25th Anniversary of Jurassic Park

I remember being a kid and going to see Jurassic Park with my family it was actually a doubleheader with a young Robert Downey Jr. movie Heart and Souls. Even young me was thinking "wow this is such a weird combination" but why would I care because dinosaurs. Who doesn’t love dinosaurs. Even when we went to see Jurassic World both Wysefyre and I got so excited because dinosaurs. You can’t get upset when you get to see dinosaurs just running around like they’re still actually around.

That’s why despite the fact that I’m dreading that this is the 25th anniversary (I feel so old!), I’m excited to see more Jurassic Park toys come out. Now I know I will see so much when I go to Toy Fair NY a few weeks but the first few pieces to be announced from different companies has me excited already. 


Picture courtesy of Funko
Funko of course is blowing it out of the water with their new pops. The Target-Exclusive sexy  wounded Jeff Goldblum Dr. Ian Malcom is just sexy. Granted, as a kid I didn’t see the appeal but as I got older it’s definitely there. 
Picture courtesy of Funko
I’m also excited about the Velociraptor because they are just so cute.   (Fun side note: Apple's Siri knows the correct spelling of Velociraptor.)


Picture courtesy of Factory Entertainment
Factory Entertainment  is also coming out with these weird bobble-like things called Revos.  While I don’t really know how they work in comparison to the pops I’m excited to see what Factory Entertainment has planned.  Factory is known for doing things that is not quite the same as everyone else. They take a hard look at what is exciting everyone and brings a different twist to it so Revos should be interesting and fun. 

Tell me in the comments what your favorite Jurassic Park toy is from the past and what you’re hoping to see in the future and I’ll make sure I keep an eye out for it while I’m at Toy fair.  Until then, safe travels through the park.


BE CAREFUL!
Picture Courtesy of Funko


Like what you just read? Let us know in the comments below and keep up to date by following us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment